Thursday 22 January 2009

The start of my Iranians


My current CWC project is the Iran/Iraq war of the 1980s. Ive got the Iraqis so obviously next choice has to be the other side. Ive tried to theme both armies slightly, which probably means they aren't too historically correct- the Iraqis are mainly Soviet and French equipment, while the Iranians are American and British stuff.

The other difficulty I have found for Middle Eastern conflicts is colour schemes- everything seems to be some shade of sand coloured pain oddly enough! I found some pictures of a brown and sand coloured camo scheme on a blog of military equipment- I'm not sure how widespread or accurate its usage was for this particular conflict, but to be honest I don't really care! It makes it easier to recognise forces for my old eyes.


















A battalion of Iranian Chieftain tanks. From my readings it seems that Chieftains weren't in that much abundance during the conflict, particularly the later years, but once again I don't overly care- I love Chieftains, I love the miniatures (GHQ again) and they are a nasty force to face on the battlefield. I'm not a power gamer honest!



















A company of M60A1 Pattons- what a cracking model this one is, hats off to GHQ again. I have some on back order from Wargames Emporium , but as usual with most stuff I order from there they have run out. Not that I am knocking them- they give great service and are really nice guys. Plus the postage is cheap as chips compared to 99% of miniature companies (no names mentioned Foundry).





Ive yet to buy the rest, as I am doing it in stages so my wife doesn't get too annoyed with me spending all our money. I expect I will finish it off when I go to Salute at the end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment