Monday 9 March 2009

The end is in sight!

Haven't updated in a while, and was thinking of holding off till the last few bits arrived from Pendraken, but I couldn't resist playing with my new studio again, and wanted to show off what I have done since last time.
Basically the army is finished- as it stands its at around 2500 points or so for Blitzkrieg Commander. I have a few bits awaiting delivery, so that I can field another 3 stands of infantry to make a full battalion, and a few additional M3 halftracks to provide transport for them all. Ive also got a couple of AA vehicles to come and some additional Dodge radio trucks to add to my HQ bases (which have still yet to be done, hence no pics!). Can't wait for them to arrive as I am getting 10mm withdrawal. Then I can move on to the Germans! Salute could be expensive this year!

Anyway enough blathering, here's the pics.


L to R- Armoured battalion HQ, Forward Air Controller in gunless Sherman M4, Command Stand, Forward Artillery Observer.



Armoured battalion- 3 companies each of 2 Sherman 75s and 1 Sherman 76 platoons, 1 company of M5 Stuart light tanks, 1 platoon of Sherman 105s and 1 company of M10 tank destroyers. I guess technically the M10s are part of an anti tank battalion, but I couldn't be arsed to photograph them separately!




This is my Armoured Infantry battalions 37mm anti tank gun support. I like these Pendraken M3s with the canvas tilts on as they are a nice way to make the M3s used for towing look different from the infantry's transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment