Thursday 22 January 2009

And they are off....

Well here goes a selection of my first proper blog posts.

I'm off work today - spent most of last night with terrible stomach cramps and nausea. Had a nice long lie in, and feel a little better so decided to have a play with this here blog type thingy.

Decided to up some pics of my Cold War Commander armies and the start of my possible new addiction- Blitzkrieg Commander. A great series of games that give fun and fast play as well as realistic outcomes. Check out the website- http://www.blitzkrieg-commander.com/default.aspx . Nice forum community to boot!

Anyway as you probably don't know, my other hobby is photography, and much as I love my kit, today has shown its shortcomings. I need some decent lighting, soft box and even a macro lens. Today's bodge job is passable I guess, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and a techie so I am not really very happy with the results.

For anyone interested I shoot using a Canon 40d, these shots were done with a Canon 28-105mm lens, which is a nice cheap walk about lens. Its done a passable job but I really would like a macro lens if I am going to be getting into this blogging lark.

No comments:

Post a Comment